WIP Review Process
Details About the WIP Review Process and Program Committee
The WIP Program Committee includes faculty advisor, Kirstie Hawkey, co-chairs Lori McCay-Peet and Syavash Nobarany, and up to 12 Associate Chairs (AC). WIP reviewers, those who have submitted a poster and/or WIP submission, will also be participating in the WIP review process.
For more information on WIP submissions, please visit the GRAND 2011 Call for Participation.
Duties of the Associate Chairs (ACs)
1) Review of between four (4) and seven (7) GRAND student WIP submissions (four (4) pages each)
2) Find two (2) other students (drawn from the PCS online submission system) to review each of these submissions. GRAND students who have submitted WIP papers or posters will be expected to review up to three (3) WIP submissions. Reviewers will be asked to provide feedback on the work and on the writing.
3) Ensure those students whom they have selected to review papers submit reviews on time (i.e., send out reminder notices)
4) Write a meta review for each paper they have been assigned
5) Participate in a discussion (likely via email) regarding final decisions on who will present at the GRAND WIP session
Duty of the Reviewer
1) Review of up to three (3) GRAND student WIP submissions (four (4) pages each) by April 12, as assigned by the ACs
Details about the WIP Reviewing Process
1) WIP reviews will be double-blind
2) The ACs will ensure that reviewers are not affiliated by project with those papers they are reviewing and are not reviewing their own papers
3) Reviewers inadvertently receiving their own or a colleague's paper will be asked to notify the AC
4) The criteria for selecting papers will be based on the scoring system, but the final decision will be made by the WIP Program Committee
Travel And Accommodation Subsidy Policy
Associate Chairs will be entitled to a hotel accommodation subsidy. This is not transferable.
Hotel rooms will be provided for three (3) nights for each qualifying student and postdoc, based on double occupancy (i.e., two (2) selected students / postdocs per room). Although rooms will be assigned, there will be an opportunity for roommate selection through the GRAND Forum.
Contact Lori McCay-Peet or Syavash Nobarany at email@example.com for further information.
WIP Session Organizers
Faculty Advisor: Kirstie Hawkey
Co-chairs: Lori McCay-Peet and Syavash Nobarany
- Azin Ashkan, University of Waterloo
- Banani Roy, Queen's University
- Charlotte Tang, The University of British Columbia
- Jaime Ruiz, University of Waterloo
- Lorna Boschman, Simon Fraser University
- Neesha Desai, University of Alberta
- Nick Taylor, York University
- Robert Teather, York University
- Vicky McArthur, York University
- Vincent Levesque, The University of British Columbia
28 February – 25 March –- WIP Call for Papers
25 March -- WIP submission deadline
26 March - 12 April -- WIP review
12 April –- WIP review deadline
13-14 April –- Associate Committee final review
15 April –- Successful WIP submissions notified